Student Activities Center
It is a violation of this policy to place posters, flyers, or chalk at any time on permanent University structures, such a buildings, utility poles, fountains, works of art, fixed refuse containers and trees on campus. It is also a violation of this policy to drive any posters, signs, or stakes in to any University grounds.
CHALKING is allowed on sidewalks which are exposed to weather and foot traffic where chalk will wear off in a short time.Only non-permanent sidewalk chalk is permissible. Liquid and/or spray chalk, art chalk, charcoal and paint are not permitted.Chalking is not permitted on any permanent University structures or unexposed sidewalks, vertical walls, or under balconies. Chalking is also prohibited within fifteen feet of the entrance to any building.
DISPLAYS painted or posted improperly will be removed promptly by maintenance crews. Any extraordinary expense will be charged to the persons or organizations responsible for the damage. Posting with glue or adhesives is prohibited.
POSTERS, NOTICES, and FLYERS
Posting inside of campus buildings may be done with the prior approval of the office in charge of the area. At no time will posting be in violation of the Physical Plant Department Policy.
Flyers may be placed on the kiosks and are cleaned off once a month. Flyers may be posted at any outdoor area on campus consistent with the orderly conduct of University affairs, the maintenance of University property, and the free flow of traffic and persons. Efforts must be made to avoid litter. Any expense incurred by the University for clean-up will be charged to the persons or organizations responsible. Materials shall not be forced upon others; excessive hawking or shouting at persons is prohibited.
DO NOT post on light poles, bollards, trash cans, buildings or other permanent structures.
Persons violating any of these rules may be subject to disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct or the Visitor Code of Conduct. Violations by faculty or staff will be referred to the appropriate department or academic unit. In addition, violators may be subject to an order to the leave the University property and/or arrest for violation of the State law(s).
UNM Posting Areas
Many areas require a departmental stamp on all postings, Please check with department office before posting. North Campus also has bulletin boards and kiosks available for posting.
Anderson School of Management
- Bulletin boards around building entrances and outdoors
- Bulletin board inside main entrance
- Bulletin Board in main hall of 2nd floor
- Bulletin Board in main foyer on 1st floor
- 2 Bulletin Boards inside main hallway
Center for the Arts
- North Entrance (across from the SUB) – downstairs, bulletin board by water fountain and elevator
- North Entrance (across form SUB)- upstairs to 2nd floor
Communication and Journalism
- Bulletin Board on 2nd floor by the west entrance and in the east hallway
Dane Smith Hall
- Bulletin Board inside near south main entrance
- Bulletin Board at Bus stop
- By the Administrative offices
Kiosks on the Mall
- By the fountain, on the North SUB Mall
- By the corner of the Humanities Building. and Ortega Hall
- By Art Building west of Woodward Hall
- Bulletin Board by entrance
- Bulletin outside east entrance
- In main hallway on the first floor
- Outside the west entrance
Other Bulletin Boards
- Chemistry Building, Clark Hall
- Psychology Building, Logan Hall, west and north entrances
- Geology Building, Northrup Hall, by rooms 114 and 126
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, kiosks inside
- Ortega Hall by west entrance
- Social Sciences, inside front entrance
- Bulletin Board outside and south
- Bulletin Board inside south entrance